Research Fellow Todd Maddox, Ph.D. has just published a new Analyst Insight: Leveraging Learning Science: Why Extended Reality (xR) is Poised to Disrupt Corporate Learning and Development.
In this Analyst Insight, Todd Maddox, Ph.D. provides guidance on why Augmented and Virtual Reality are set to disrupt corporate learning. This report focuses on a learning science evaluation of the potential for extended reality (xR) technologies to disrupt corporate L&D and show how xR technologies have the potential to improve the quality and quantity of training, to accelerate learning and enhance retention in all aspects of corporate learning to provide the following benefits:
- Faster learning and stronger retention
- Reduced training time
- Time-effective, cost-effective and scalable training across a variety of hard skills, soft skills and situational awareness
- Ability to train expensive, dangerous and rare situations in total safety and to expertise.
- Improved understanding of the learning process through subjective, objective, attention, and engagement metrics built from xR Big Data.
- More effective, efficient, and valuable learning environments.
To learn more about the key aspects of augmented and virtual reality that will change coporate learning environments, download this Analyst Insight, which is available at no cost through April 10th: Leveraging Learning Science: Why Extended Reality (xR) is Poised to Disrupt Corporate Learning and Development.