In light of yesterday’s announcement that IBM is planning to acquire Red Hat for $34 billion, we’d like to share with you some of our recent coverage and mentions of Red Hat to provide context for this gargantuan acquisition.
- In February, DevOps Research Fellow Tom Petrocelli explained how Red Hat’s purchase of CoreOS was transformative for the container landscape
- In May, Petrocelli noted in context of KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe how IBM and Red Hat were “major enterprise infrastructure software vendor(s)”
- In August, Petrocelli highlighted both Red Hat and IBM in his Analyst Insight on Infrastructure as Code.
- In October, Petrocelli noted Red Hat’s status as an Open Source stalwart in light of Oracle’s FOSS Surprise
- In addition, Petrocelli explained why Infrastructure as Code was necessary for hybrid, multi-cloud infrastructure management in a well-regarded BrightTALK webinar.