The Definitive Guide to the Asentinel-Tangoe Merger: Marlin Equity Partners Agrees to Acquire Tangoe
[Updated May 3rd with links to additional coverage from AOTMP, Blue Hill Research, Oracle Dispatch, StraTEM Consulting, and the Wall Street Journal]
On April 28, Marlin Equity Partners, an investment firm with over $3 billion in capital under management and the current owner of Telecom Expense and Enterprise Mobility Management vendor Asentinel, announced entering an agreement to purchase Tangoe for $6.50 per share for a transaction estimated at $242.6 million in cash.
This agreement is being structured as a merger. Tangoe is the market leader in Telecom Expense Management with oversight of over $34 billion in IT spend. Tangoe will be combined with Asentinel to create a company that managed over $38 billion in telecom and IT spend. This transaction is scheduled to close late in Q2 2017, pending all relevant conditions being met. With this merger, Tangoe CEO Jim Foy is expected to be CEO of the combined company and Asentinel CEO Tim Whitehorn is expected to become Chief Product Officer of the combined company. The combined company will be called Tangoe.
To download the remainder of this report, including
- Why this purchase happened
- Tangoe as Market Aggregator
- Asentinel’s Rapid Growth Post-Marlin Acquisition
- Recommendations for Tangoe Customers, Asentinel Customers, TEM buyers, TEM vendors, and private investors
Additional coverage on this announcement comes from:
- AOTMP: Marlin Equity Partners Acquires Tangoe
- Blue Hill Research: Marlin Equity Partners Will Acquire Tangoe and Merge it with Asentinel – Will it Create a New Global Superpower?
- Oracle Dispatch: Tangoe Inc (OTCMKTS:TNGO) May Have a White Knight in Marlin
- StraTEM Consulting: Asentinel Purchases Tangoe: Is that Good for the TEM Market?
- Wall Street Journal: Marlin Equity Partners to Acquire Tangoe