On December 5th, 2018, Tangoe announced the acquisition of MOBI, a leading managed mobility services organization based in Indianapolis, Indiana in the United States. With this acquisition, Tangoe increases its IT spend under management to over $40 billion, increasing its lead over other spend management vendors with multiple billions of dollars of enterprise technology under management including Flexera, Snow Software, Microsoft Azure Cost Management, CloudHealth by VMware, Calero, MDSL, Cass Information Systems, and Sakon.
Key questions to consider for this acquisition include:
- Why did Tangoe decide to buy MOBI at this time? For its customer base? Corporate culture? Technology?
- How does this acquisition affect enterprises seeking toolsets to assist with the orchestration and accounting of digital transformation initiatives?
- How will work be split and coordinated between Tangoe’s Austin logistics warehouse and MOBI’s Indianapolis-based facilities?
- What will Tangoe do with MOBI’s Robotic Process Automation initiative of Mobots?
- Will Tangoe keep MOBI’s staff or will there be a bunch of high-quality mobility and support staff available?
- What happens to MOBI partners who may compete with Tangoe?
- Will MOBI customers be moved to the Tangoe Matrix platform immediately?
- Will Tangoe contribute to the burgeoning Indianapolis tech scene that is currently one of the hottest startup spots in the country?
To learn more about which of these questions can be answered and which of these questions require greater due diligence, please read my full analysis, which is available at: https://amalgaminsights.com/product/amalgam-insights-market-milestone-tangoe-acquires-mobi-to-enhance-mobility-management-capabilities